Re: blind harry potter, lets think and imagine

Hello Everyone.
[[wow]]! Interesting topic! I have thought about this and let's say that harry is blind and there is no way to cure it with magic or by other means. Instead of having to walk around and learn how to navigate complex areas harry could just appearate where ever he want's and learn that specific area. This wouldn't change to much in the series I don't think but battles are a whole different story. Let's say that harry is dueling with a death eater and another death eater sneaks up behind him and kills him with a spell. It would be pretty hard to hear somebody sneak up behind you especially if they were trying to be stealthy.
This is interesting especially if you consider other series characters blind. For example I'm reading the memory, Sorrow, and thorn trilogy by tad williams. I won't give away any spoilers but consider that the main protagonist simon is blind. There is a evil priest in the book named pryrates who is one of simon's enemies. In the chapter I'm reading now pryrates is looking for simon. If he found him he could use some kind of killing curse to kill simon without making a sound. But then again if simon was hidden he could just jump out and attack pryrates hopefully before pryrates can react.
Also I'm reading a mystery novel called taking the fifth by J. A. Jance. Now myself I think that if you were blind you could perform an investigation but let's say you find the killer and he pulls a gun and shoot's at you. You would only have seconds to react before you are shot and killed. The gunshot would give away the persons position so that would be bad for them.
Basically what I'm saying is that there are good and bad sides to creating a blind character. I would love to read more books with at least one blind character in them. And like dark said I would like them to be human not super-human or sub-human. I have been wanting to write a novel with a bl ind person as the main character for years. Maybe I should get started writing something. I have always wanted to write a fantasy story so maybe I'll get to work on that.
@dark, you mentioned the last air bender. Are you talking about the old tv show? I didn't actually watch it at the time but maybe I'll give it another try.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : kool_turk via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Stevie-3 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : arjan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : dhruv via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Guitarman via Audiogames-reflector