Re: upgrade from iOs 7.0.3 to iOs 7.1.1

Hello.

I jailbreak instead of going to android simply because I prefer the iOS platform. Others may have different reasons, but that's personally why I do. I have nothing against android but I prefer iOS for my daily use, and since I want to do more with it, I jailbreak.
Also, jailbreaking is not just for customization. There are many reasons one may jailbreak. Some developers even choose to develope for cydia rather than Apple's appstore due to their extreme limitations.
I also do not understand why people have this thought that when you jailbreak, you're launching your iOS device to a pit of doom and instability. Sure, if you starting installing pirated tweaks, screwing with the filesystem without knowing what you're doing, experimenting with the terminal, then yeah you're going to brak things. I've been jailbreaking since iOS 3.1.3 and I can only recall one huge issue I had which was do to me running  a program called iLEXRAt. That was a program that was supposed to refresh your phone. Kind of like a restore, just without the upgrade part. Oh, how badly that failed. It cleaned up my phone, but it also cleaned up all of the accessibility files, meaning no more VoiceOver.
Lol

A feature included when you jailbreak is a called MobileSubstraightSafemode which does as it sounds. If you install a jailbreak tweak and it sends your device into an unstable spiral, simply turn the phone off, and hold the volume up button as you power it back on. All tweaks will be disabled then, and you can go back into Cydia or Icy and uninstall the offending tweak. Then, just reboot and jailbreak tweaks will work again. This also works if you're stuck in a boot loop most of the time.
What I'm saying is that most of the problems that people who jailbreak experience is nothing more than user error.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : paddy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : paddy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : livrobo via Audiogames-reflector