Re: questions about Spotify

Spotify accessibility these days is pretty decent, especially on mobile. There are occasional situations where things did break for VoiceOver, for example a recent update briefly made the button to expand the now playing screen invisible to VO meaning it was impossible to go into the full-screen player view, but if such issues come up they're fixed just as quickly in about a week or less. The desktop app is OK for the most part, with the exception of the menus which I really hope will eventually get some love. A few years ago I saw tweets from an engineer who was assigned to work on desktop spotify accessibility and he said the menus were on the list of things to fix but I'm not sure if anyone looked at them since. That being said, regardless if you're on Windows or Mac the way you deal with them is like a few people said, go to the bottom of the page and do a simulated mouse click on the text. Some menus, like the one to add tracks to a playlist, are submenus meaning that as soon as you root your mouse to them the page will change on you with more options even before you click but if you keep that in mind you should be good. All that being said if I'm planning to add a lot of songs to a playlist I do it on my phone where this is much more reliable to do since every song just has a "open menu" action and you can find the add to playlist option there. On the playlist itself there's also an add songs button which will let you do a search, then go through the results while having buttons to play a 30-second preview of the song or add it to the list with one tap.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Orin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : marro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : john_weed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheTrueSwampGamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : marro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rich_Beardsley via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rich_Beardsley via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rich_Beardsley via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Giovani via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : john_weed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rich_Beardsley via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Rich_Beardsley via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector