Re: autocorrection, dictation and other wonderful, terrible experiences

Yeah, you really, really want to proofread your dictations. No matter what language you're using and what you're writing. The number of people who don't, and then just hit send is just insane. Applevis is a prime example where you'll see this often, but if you've been on Twitter or mailing lists you'll see plenty there also. First one that comes to mind for me is how a person on Applevis was praising their iPhone 6 ass, how much of an amazing device it was. Well that comment would suggest otherwise! tongue. I've also seen someone on the Dectalk mailing list writing it out as "Dick talk" instead, which although I'm sure is a very interesting topic is probably not relevant for that mailing list.

As for me, I'm fairly sure I had a number of these over the years but since forgot most of them, also because they were caught before being sent. One small and amusing one that wasn't though was when I got my first smartphone and started using foursquare. Being able to dictate was such a fun gimmick back then that I wanted to do it every time even though that phone also had a keyboard. So we went to the shopping mall for lunch and to pick up a copy of Mortal Kombat 9. So, I checked in and dictated "getting food and Mortal Kombat". Fast forward a few months, I'm scrolling through my old tweets and... Turns out my check-in actually said "Getting food *In* Mortal Kombat". That would have probably been far more entertaining! XD

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : star fire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ashleygrobler04 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Skhye via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Skhye via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ignatriay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Boo15mario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : jescat277 via Audiogames-reflector