Re: Watch Dogs: Legion might be accessible

Hi,

As others have mentioned the games company never promised the game would be fully accessible for the blind. I definitely understand the frustration for anyone who went out and brought the game, but that was a risk without first hearing from anyone exactly how much could and couldn’t be played. Regarding adding menu narration, my little brother has the same eye condition as myself but has managed to retain some useable  sight, unlike myself he has enough site to see and play some main stream games if very close to the screen, however he does struggle to read text on screen , so something like spoken menus is hugely helpful to him and others like him. Again, don’t get me wrong I would have loved this game to be fully playable and to have been able to play it myself, but lets not take it out on the company, they are definitely moving in the right direction and even though its not playable by the blind , with the exception of naughty dog and the Last of us part 2 it is more than other developers are doing. The fact they are thinking about accessibility for the blind and low vision is definitely a move in the right direction,  hopefully other developers follow suit and we begin to see more blind accessibility features being added to main stream games. Hopefully if enough developers start thinking about blind accessibility from the very  early stages of development accessibility can be added from the ground up (like I believe it was in the last of us part 2), which will hopefully lead to future games having full accessibility.

Paul Lemm

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : spay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : seb2314 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : seb2314 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arturminyazev via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : seb2314 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : seb2314 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lemm via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : cj89 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : spay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bradp via Audiogames-reflector