Why 1942 didnt catch the attention of foreign players?

hello!
I was discussing this question with my Chinese friebnd very thoroughly yesterday, yet we didnt go to any conclusions.
In your opinion, what are the reasons of this game unpopularity in the West?
I would list my suspicions here, yet all of them are very easily defended.
*1. Language barrier: 1942 is in Chinese. Yet people do play Japanese games, even though they are not in english as well.
*2. The requirement of Locale Emulator: Well, again, people did use LE or before LE Application Locale to play Japanese games like the text games of Morok8uma.
*3. Difficulty: many people havent even tried the game, so I dont know whether this reason is valid.
*4. Setting: some people might not like the anti-japanese setting of 1942.
Are any of these the reason why you haven't tried the game? If no, write your own!