Re: A New Way to Prevent Spam Bots from Posting

Hmmm, a capture for every topic plus mathematics questions? good grief that would get on everyone's whick!

We actually did try a similar antispam system where people would be asked a question, however though the question was only supposed to be asked at registration, it kept popping back up to the point where it was totally irritating.

I'll also add that some spammers at least are humans not bots, who have been employed to spread adds around the net and will pretty much just sit there and solve such captures and things all day, one reason why those bloody annoying image only systems with no alternative don't even work and just cause more problems than they stop.

Frankly the best way to deal with spam is for human moderators to be regular about giving it the boot! which is what we in fact do, this causes no inconvenience to members at all.