Re: Pokémon access

Ok, so what made things work in crystal access were the object navigation function, which lead you cycle through the abailable exits and objects in a room with j for previous, k for current, and l for next, and p to plot a step by step path to that item or exit when available. Secondly, you can use the a s d and w to move the camera around the room without having to move your character around. We know that the original game doesn't have sounds for the differentnterrain types, but the scripts add that, so you can use the camera to feel around the room so that you don't accidentally fall into a hole or something. From what I understand, things like this go beyond what manamon, or even braillemon offer. Then there are the small things, like being able to read the current text on screen with the t key, being able to read health of opponents with h, being able to get your coordinates with y, being able to get the name of your current map with m key, having the game announce the location name as you enter them. I think that's most of what the scripts do, so they really do go quite a way towards making these old games more playable, and less of a slog to go through. I remember having to memorize a lot of the maps as a kid by trailing the walls and feeling around for openings and exits,, but with object and camera navigation, I don't have to worry about that and can just focus on enjoying the game. I attribute being able to clear the ice path to the object and camera navigation functions. Really, the only complaint I hear about the scripts is that the text speaking is choppy, but thats just the fault of the game, and you can speed up the text scroll from within the games options menu. Hope that clarifies things a bit on how the scripts work.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : nuive via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Subdragon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : stirlock via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : tayo . bethel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Computergamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector