Re: problem installing vinyl by izotope in gold wave.

Yeah sadly 32 bit vst support is being phased out these days, so less and less modern plug-ins will work in Gold Wave.

However, you shouldn't need to use the Izotope interface to change parameters. Iirc, Gold Wave supports a basic parameter view which lets you change the automatable parameters. Of course, you can't, well, automate them, but you can change them like you would any internal effect, and do offline processing that way. I used to do it all the time.

Really wishing Gold Wave's vst support would get some updates. I've mostly switched to Reaper like many here, but for sample editing, looping etc. I have yet to find something nearly as nice as Gold Wave for that. It's not something Gold Wave was necessarily meant for, but it can work for that, and being able to quickly process something with a vst would be nice. I sometimes do it, but I'm becoming increasingly leery of that due to the limitations of the vst support.

I'm not going to call the support shit/bad, I'll call it limited... it works, and for some, no, many plug-ins, especially older ones, it's great. So you can definitely use it to get some work done, and imho it doesn't have to be all that magnificent really. If you're using Gold Wave, you're clearly not intending to do things the way a daw does them, so keeping things simple isn't a bad thing. I'm not saying there's no room for complexity, I'm just saying that you can't expect Gold Wave's VST support to stack up to Reaper's. It does need 64 bit support, though.

As an aside, I'm not sure how Audacity's vst plug-in support is doing these days, but that's an option too. There's also the free audio editor Wavosaur which was pretty good, but I really don't like editing with it. Not to mention it has this horrid habit of resampling the output audio to the target rate with no interpolation, so unless your file's rate and the target rate match, it's going to sound terrible on playback. The offline processing/saving should be fine, it's just playback that sucks.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : omer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ManFromTheDark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ManFromTheDark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : fonografico2 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector