Re: Does anybody else have a love/hate relationship with Stack Overflow?

I think Captcha itself has it's place but if you've signed up for an account on a site, you should only have to do it the first time you post. After that, you're either not a spambot, or you're a spambot who successfully solved the captcha once and can easily do it again so there's no further point in it.
It just drives me up the wall to see members vote to close perfectly legitimate questions, which obviously come from noobies but are certainly not "Can you write this for me". The fact that those types of questions are the first things that come up on google when you search for the same information says something; that people really do need that information and to come across someone else who asked it and got accused of asking an illegitimate question makes you feel stupid even though you weren't the one to ask the question in the first place.