Re: Playstation 5: The Playstation Console we've always wanted

Honestly I'd put the money aside and wait.  It's hard enough to justify the price of an up to  date console as a fully sighted player, but with the still highly limited amount of games we can play to a reasonable degree?
Prices will likely go down for the PS5 a few months after launch and more used machines will be available, and there will always be sales next year too.  I want to believe those who say that more non fighting games with decent accessibility are coming, but I wouldn't bank that much money on it until I started seeing a bigger shift than just 2 or 3 games my self.

If you have the cash and you are the type of person who doesn't mind being an early adopter or fumbling your way through mostly unplayable games (we really need these pioneers as they blaze the path forward for others) and you have the resiliency and passion to keep pushing for changes to often less than receptive companies, than more power to you!
But if you are like most of us who just want to play games mostly stress free and get a majority of the experience that a sighted player could minus the visuals, than I would suggest curbing your enthusiasm a bit while still staying open minded, supportive, and positive as much as possible.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gamulation via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Livdera via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : abdulla-dubais via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sightlessHorseman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sightlessHorseman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : abdulla-dubais via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mmaslo via Audiogames-reflector