Phoenix/Escargot Chat

Intro

Some of y'all here, may have heard of Escargot, home to the modern MSN/Windows Live Messenger fan server .
It's been talked about a couple of times (even by me).

But what you may have not heard of, is Pheonix, the server for fans of AOL Instant Messenger.
NB. The link I shared above is for the future home of Phoenix. For the original site (with working server stats), go here.

What's New

I'm proud to share with you all the following two major things for both servers:

1. As of the second of June 2020, AIM 6 is now supported on, and does work on Windows 10!
That's alongside Pidgin IM on Linux, classic Miranda IM on Windows, and classic ADium for y'all on Mac.
NB. As many are blind here (like myself), AIM 6.1 is what I recommend if you wish to use AIM Phoenix with a screen reader. Don't forget to grab the AIM 6 Patcher and run it as an Admin, which patches said AIM client and pointing it to the Phoenix server.
BTW, AIM 6 does work with Windows 10's Narrator, believe it or not!

2. As of the 16th of November 2020, Escargot now has support for Windows Live Messenger 2009,, Messenger Plus! 5.0.2 (don't install the Bing Search toolbar), and you can now create MSN Messenger group conversations!

Yahoo! Instant Messenger

Both Phoenix and Escargot, support YIM. However, I would strongly recommend using Yahoo! IM on the Phoenix server, for three big reasons:

A. YIM Phoenix lets you use a standard Yahoo ID/email address, while YIM Escargot uses your unique/sever ID tied to your Email used for MSN Messenger.

B. YIM Phoenix has an easy to use patcher, routing the YIM client to the Phoenix server.
On the other hand (do to auto-prepatching installers for YIM not working properly, you have to do it manually (which may or may not be too difficult for someone.)
C. YIM works with Yahoo! Instant Messenger clients 5.0 through 6.1, while YIM Escargot works with clients 5.0 through 5.5 at this time.

NB. If using YIM Escargot, ya need to check a box on the Frontends page of the site to enable said access.

Connect With Me!

If you would like to connect with me on one or all of the above mentioned platforms,  see below!

  • AIM Phoenix Screen-Name:
    queenslight

  • YIM Phoenix Yahoo ID:
    queenslight

  • MSN Escargot .Net Passport:
    queensli...@outlook.com

Miscellaneous

1. ICQ Phoenix support, is currently in the works, though it's considered Alpha. The same Alpha warning applies to YIM Escargot.
2. Don't forget to check out each site's respective Discord and/or forum, as staff are willing to help people out when in need.