Re: hosting a server for an audiogame on localhost, question.

yeah, this server/webhosting  problem existed for ages, and I don't think it'll soon stop doing so.
So, my personal opinions on this is that, if you don't know how to forward ports and all that shit, I recommend you use...and I know people will hate me for it...azure. Yeah, you have to link a credit account with it, even during the 12 month trial period, but if you were going to buy a dedicated server, you'd need to anyway, so yeah...no stress, right?
Plus, with this one, it's pretty difficult to mess up so much that you'd have to pay tens of dollars just because of a miss-configured option, you get email notifications if they detect something might be wrong, warning you about it so that you can either act accordingly and solve it if it's a real problem, or mark it as a false positive. I would recommend you try it, it has lots and lots of cool services you might like. For example, several preconfigured vms in stead of just giving you vms to then manually configure(a.k.a resources and resource groups), docker support, my sql servers, posgr sql, radigest, maybe even vms configured with ms sql server out of the box...I think so, it's still available. Then, what I talked above, linux or windows based vms capable to run as servers, and then other common cloud services/API's like cognitive services and other really cool things I don't have time to write about.
So, I really recommend you guys try it, I guess one could configure such a machine to run a tt server even though there aren't any templates for it. But seriously? how hard could it be?
anyway, I really wander now, why did no one talk about azure when this topic is brought up from time to time?
so, maybe, now could some of you who tried it speak about how the experience was, how much you liked or hated it or whatever, etc. I know I'm highjacking this topic a bit, but this is kinda related, so I'll just leave this here and press that submit button now.
p.s. I'll never use dictation again!