Re: Pokémon Crystal Access

So, right...I guess the fairy type is a thing, but I don't really care about it. I'm happy enough to do without it. Also, I respect what you're saying re: some pokemon don't get good moves from their secondary types (Magnimite line getting no good steel moves, Crobat getting no good poison moves outside of Toxic, etc).
But Spearow had to go for some reason? Why? Spearow line beats Pidgey's eight ways to Sunday. And that's just one example.
I'm also not fond of EVs and EV-training. It makes pokemon much more frail overall. When a battle is over in six turns when it should've taken much more, to me that's not really the sort of strategy I'm after. When I see that Kingdra has 95 base attack, defense, special attack and special defense, it would be nice to have a Kingdra whose stats in those areas were all in the 270-288 range, as was originally intended, instead of having two of them at that level and then the rest of them being like sixty points lower. I am okay with personalities and abilities, but why they changed DVs to EVS, made you fight specific pokemon to get specific stats and ultimately made a pokemon only get to like 75% of its overall stat potential is sort of beyond me. But I'm largely a purist, so take that with a grain of salt.

So for me personally, if my choice is a game lke Polished Crystal, which brings a lot of changes I don't want along with several I'd like, vs. Perfect Crystal, which doesn't go all the way toward making all pokemon good but which enhances the original, it's the second option all the way.

Also? Ice Path is giving me fits. Lol I can't even get into the basement at this point. Apparently I suck. This is after trying to use both Donald's walkthrough and the HG/SS directions provided here. Neither work. If you listen to the HG/SS walkthrough, you end up in a corner. If you listen to Donald's walkthrough, it just...doesn't really match reality if you use the same logic. Also, his directions are far less detailed since he's catering to sighted players who can actually see what they're doing.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dragonlee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BlindNinja via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dragonlee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : boy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dragonlee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dragonlee via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pulseman45 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : pulseman45 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : BlindNinja via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Dekyo-NEC2608 via Audiogames-reflector