Re: Question Regarding Linux

Hi,
To correct something someone said a while back in this thread, as far as I'm aware, the only dystro with that hole press S at boot to start speech thing is debian, and that only because it has a totally command line driven installation process using speakup. Perhaps I'm wrong, but I'm like, 99.9% sure stock ubuntu uses nome by default, and makes you go through the install by means of a GUI.
I'm personally rather a fan of accessible coconut, am using it on my primary right now in fact. Keep in mind, I was using ubuntu mate up until recently, I eventually switched to this because of the sheer amount of stuff it has out of the box. Orca, from my three days worth of constant testing thus far, is also far less prone to crashing and general instability than it was on ubuntu mate. It's also completely up to date as of this writing, and includes a lot, if not all of, the default ubuntu packages that ubuntu mate removes for whatever reason, including startup disk creater. And I mean, DD is fine, but paranoia is an extremely, extremely difficult thing to overcome.
Also also also, audiogame manager, found somewhere on these forums, amazing thing. Go check it out. I've been having a few issues with it myself, see topic, but from my testing it's worked perfectly with most things, and all BGT games should work out of the box regardless, even without the aid of this program. Just do sudo apt install winetricks -y, then winetricks -q speechsdk, and be sure to delete NVDAControllerClient32.dll. Boom, your SAPI?