Re: accessibility of gears tactics and gears 5

Hi there. smile I can, in fact, answer your questions directly:
1. Gears Tactics has not, as far as my testing goes, received any noticeable accessibility tweaks post-launch, including on the newly released Xbox version.  You cannot beat this game without sighted assistance, full stop.  This is due to the lack of any kind of grid-based navigation, which the team developing the game switched away from during development as detailed in an article on the subject, amongst a bunch of other things like overwatch cones being visual only and there being no cues for where you can/can't move to etc.

2. Gears 5, on the other hand, though you can't access much of the game, is certainly better in that regard. You can, with enough practice and the right maps, be not just a "defenseless infant", but a boss slayer and team medic if needed.  Of course that all depends how much time you put into the game to learn and what maps you decide to play on, partially as you're restricted to beginner difficulty at present if you want to utilise target lock (the official name for the "auto-aim" function).

in fact, it's not true auto-aim, from my numerous hours of play in Horde, it works something like this:

  • Line up shot horizontally based on enemy cues

  • If successful and there's no geometry in the way to obscure the shot, hold down your aim down sights button, then mark the enemy with the corresponding button.

  • Sometimes characters will say a line, other times they just won't, but regardless if you think you have a shot, fire a quick burst or even a single round depending on the gun/piece of kit you're working with and see if you get hit markers.  If you do, keep firing until whatever it is is no longer a threat

Of course this will get easier over time as you learn what different enemies look like in terms of their audio.  You can also use bots in private Horde, but really they won't be able to get you all the way through a match, at least not in my experience.

Best of luck and I'm happy to try and assist with answer what questions I can for you.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : claudiogaranzini via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector