Re: Monthly chat, November 2020

A monthly subscription at Audible will give you 1 credit a month. It will also give you discounts on audio books. The credit can be used to purchase any audio book, regardless of the price.

Yeah, type 1 diabetes is where your immune system goes friendly fire on your own pancreas which makes your pancreas go "fuck this, if I'm gonna be attacked by allies, might as well just retire, good luck with managing your insulin manually". So I look at my glucose data and I try to mimic what my pancreas did when it was working by dosing rapid acting and slow acting insulins. When you take insulin, your blood glucose drops. When you eat carbs, your blood glucose goes up. If your blood glucose is too high, it will cause long term damage to your nerves, heart, brain. If it's too high for like a week, it will cause a dangerous hospitalization. If it's too low, you die.

So you have to hit that sweetspot where it's not too high and not too low. But it's okay, I'm getting good at this. The only annoying thing with insulin is that it's a protein that would break down if you were to eat it, so you have to inject it, in my case 4 times a day.