Re: Are Miriani and Star Conquest Worth Playing?

@zenothrax, you're going to get conflicting statements and opinions here, so I'll do my best to be as factual as possible concerning both of these muds, starting with Miriani.  Let me remind you, however, that even as I do my best to be factual I wil inject a bit of opinion in an attempt to illustrate things the way I see them and why.
1.  Miriani is free to play, but there are perks for being a donator, such as having all of your popular ship upgrades in one place.
2.  Miriani is less strict about enforcing roleplay than Star Conquest.
3.  Miriani's playerbase is a bit more diverse than SC's, meaning that yes, you can get pirates, and many people view this as the way forward because it's like the proverbial get rich fast scheme.  On the other hand, you can also get genuinely decent players who will help you out with most anything and everything, which I find is a bit harder to do in SC if you don't fit the roleplay mold.
4.  Miriani can feel like a bit of a grind in the beginning, but if you get into it, you'll go far.
5.  A ton of good paying/rewarding content on Miriani requires group effort, but a ton of people are usually around to help you get it done, including the pirates, who also want those rewards.  That being said, people have soloed some of the hardest activities on Miriani and felt good while doing it.
And Now, SC...
1.  SC has better mechanics.
2.  SC has more activites worth doing.
3.  SC is just a tad more realistic/believable than Miriani.
4.  Donating to SC, as far as I remember, just gives ou an item, but that also means that you never need to donate to get any perks that are not available to anyone who isn't a donator.  In essence, you'll just feel good for supporting your mud of choice.
5.  Felo farms.  You'll never get such an awesome concept on Miriani.  Turn your ship into the most amazing feline friendly space you've ever seen and watch them grow, which will combat various threats which I won't get into here in detail.
Yours truly prefers Miriani over SC, not because Miriani is a better built game, but because overall, I have more fun on the former than the latter, and to me, that's what gaming is about.  On the other hand, there's just no getting around the fact that SC is just built with more lasting features and functionality and ideas and depth.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zenothrax via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : matt1211 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Shinobi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zenothrax via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : TheSecretLurker via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zenothrax via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zenothrax via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zenothrax via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Draq via Audiogames-reflector