Re: zhengdu screen reader New news

Lack of Paypal support is more than likely due to legal reasons, though I do wonder how eay, or possible, it would be to actually set up an official international distribution channel, i.e. selling distribution rights to resellers.
Firefox support will probably not be implemented. Firefox already has a low market share in China, and now that the Mozilla Foundation is cutting back on their funds for Firefox, firing more than half of the engineering team? That sounds like even less of an incentive to me. Those of us who don't put our eggs in one basket have been using Brave, I know I've been using it for about a year and a half already, and it gives us the benefit of a Chromium browser interface with Firefox-like privacy features and then some.
@拓海: My worry with license relocation isn't necessarily the price, but the low fault tolerance that seems to exist within this DRM solution. Additionally, requiring persistent authorization seems overkill, why not a license heck every month, every week even, with the user being made aware when the screen reader will phone home. Matter of fact, what's to stop you from simply allowing a usb flash drive to act as the dongle? At this point, I'd feel more confident in that system than this persistent online one, particularly because flashh drive as dongle authorization has been proven to work. The old Software Passport/Armadilo DRM system has a mechanism for it, and Waves uses an off-the-shelf usb flash drive for plugin licenses. Hell, you could even use fido2/u2f, I'm sure.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : 拓海 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : 拓海 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : 拓海 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : sightlessHorseman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : electro via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mazen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector