Re: Who inspires you?

I look up to many people, but only three come to mind right off: Joan Baez, Steve Jobs, and my partner, Eliza.

Steve created one of the most revolutionary products (the iPhone), and one of the most revolutionary technology companies in the world, all because he had a dream to "make a dent in the universe." And all without a college degree. There are other reasons too, of course, but most of them are very personal, so I'll say no more here.

Joan has a beautiful heart and a beautiful voice, and inspires many people worldwide with her beautiful folk music. I bet no one can strum or fingerpick the guitar as well as she can, at least in my eyes.

And my partner, Eliza. Like Joan, her heart is full and beautiful, and both of us continue to persevere through long-distance and never give up the fight. We just celebrated two years together this past Tuesday (11/24), and I say without a hint of regret that they have been the best two years of my life. Though most of my immediate family are bigots and don't love her nearly as much as I do, I don't let that stop me from doing whatever I have to to keep loving her. And as I said with Steve, there are other personal reasons why my partner inspires me, but they are, of course, personal, and could be in violation of her safety and/or privacy should anyone want to go digging at her heart in a way neither of us will allow, so I'll say no more here.