Re: The Arcane Duels - Playable Demo

Ok there's a few points to go through here, sorry If I miss anything. Just prod me.

Stewie, I'll add skippable cutscenes, it would help with replay ability.

Computer Gamer, there is already going to be a setting for music volume I just haven't made the game settings menu yet.
The TTS volume would be painful to alter at this point considering how many there are. They are all separate audio files.
But it could be worth the effort. I would have to increase all of their volumes and then add a setting so the player can alter them and bring the volume down to whatever they want.

Jack, obviously the feedback is clear, the navigating isn't good enough. I'm wondering if its worth overhauling the whole thing. Maybe a waypoint/path system would be better that still allows the player to look around. I'll play with a few ideas.

Defender, you never disappoint. I think I will make all menus capable of using W A S D or Arrow keys. So its player's choice. And just use space to go into sub menus maybe to stop that confusion.
There are instructions for each mini game but that might not be sufficient, and I was aiming to have quests
all work the same regarding the navigation, A and D  to turn and W for forward. but I might go back to the drawing
board with that, so hopefully not every quest will need a demo. Maybe a little audio clip over the mini games being played with instructions over the top would help.

There are no walls in the arenas, and W doesn't do anything. the only mechanics for duelling are A and D to move
around your opponent and the number keys to cast spells. Maybe the grizzly bear hurt noise is to quiet. I think maybe a
few opponent noises are to quiet so maybe the audio distancing needs adjusting. Such as  footsteps as well, they seem quiet.

Learning sounds for mini games is a good suggestion, It might be worth just adding that in with the demos.

The  Experience menu in the spell menu is broken, it was pointed out to me earlier. There is another place you can check experience in the player menu. that one works. The reason it is also in the spell menu is just for quick access.

I'd like to hear more detail about how the mini games are too simplistic if that's possible. obviously I don't want to
over complicate them but I also don't want them to be boring. so I'm finding the line in-between them both, and feedback from you guys is the most helpful tool to make sure I get it right.

Arcues - you should have had 7 mini games available in the training list? not just air. If you press W and S do no more options get spoken to you?
if you press space constantly you probably went passed it. It gives a little noise when you enter or exit the target area. maybe that needs to be a more persistent noise

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tayo . bethel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arnold18 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Computergamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aaronlp via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Computergamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arceus via Audiogames-reflector