Re: Scarlet Shells, concept demo 1!

Hey.

At Phantom wow, I never had that much fun with any other game than this one in the last few years, dang good work, expect my 20 dollar backing at the start of next week. Here are some things that I have noticed.
The story is very wel written and detailed. I like that the characters act as normal human beeings and not the super hero type characters we often see in those games. You can really feel the connection between the peple and the small details in their conversations make this a really pleasant experience.
Sounds and music, well, i don't have to say anything about that I guess, awesome music, cracking sounds although I would love some more variation in the punching and kicking noises, but generally speaking, sounds awesome.
The platforming is also quite awesome, you need a lot of skill to get this weapon in lvl 1 act 1, I died multiple times trying to reach it.
Some comments about the game play, the momentum system when running or jumping is very well and something we haven't seen that often, only toom hunter rewrite had a basic system like that in place, platforming becomes an all new challenge with that system. The difficulty is also very good, it's quite hard at some points of the game which might keep some players away, but I like a good challenge in the games that I play, so I am also positive about that.
Although I have to say that I would like to see health packs or things like grenades and items that assist you next to weapons and ammo.

The biggest issue I'm having is one of the central systems of the game, the fighting mechanic. Don't get me wrong, the switch between maylay and weapons and the fact that you carefully have to look what weapon you pick up are awesome, but the maylay part needs to be redone in my opinion.
The enemys feel like tanks when you punch them and you need quite a lot of time to defeat them, sometimes it seams to me that only in rage mode you can kill those guys. Here is an idea. Rewrite the fighting system so you have a three button system. A button for light, medium and heavy attacks. This would open up the way for combos to be introduced, or knock back enemys into walls or objects behind them  for example this than having a stunning or damaging effect for them. For example, in lvl 1.2, you could knock an enemy into one of the storage containers of which he crawled out of, so you cause some stunn when you fling him against the container.
The way how rage works could be tweaked abit. Possibly, if the new fighting system gets introduced, rage could be build up by certain attack strings instead of rhythmic punching. Now, the rythm is quite easy to master, but still you take a lot of damage when you build up the meter. If you keep the current system, i would increase the speed you have to punch an enemy. I get that this would most likely end up in you having rage active all the time, but if it's just aa faster rhythm, that might help things.

Some small issues. In story sequences I would like to have a key to read the last spoken line of text. For example in one of the levels, when i walked over a trigger that announced the storage containers, which I skipped by accident, so I would like to read it again.
Another issue, in my saved game, I don't get my 4 continues back, when I now die, I have to restart the game and land at the start of the level.

But generally speaking, keep it up, the thing is awesome already.

Greetings Moritz.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Charles via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Charles via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : arnold18 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PhantomCreations via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PhantomCreations via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PhantomCreations via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PhantomCreations via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sightlessHorseman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sightlessHorseman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PhantomCreations via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PhantomCreations via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : robjoy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sightlessHorseman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector