Re: Tips for my first Solo Journey Abroad.

Alright, so I'll tell you a bit about my experience.
I can say that I've flown enough times and to more than one airport where I've had 99% positive experience.
However, be prepared if for any reason something goes wrong. Because trust me, it might happen.
That depends on the airport you're flying from and the airport you're flying to.
Things might go wrong like your assistant not coming back to get you at the time of boarding.
Things you need to prepare include
your phone, you'll need that more than you think you do. You need apps like be my eyes to get you out of tricky situations like this one.

Let me give you this scenario:
You come to the airport, and go to the checking counter, in my case, there is a checking counter for special needs.
You give them your ID or your passport, and your booking number as well, and make sure to ask them to get someone to assist you.
They will get someone to assist you and get you to the gate. Most likely, you'll get to the gate when there is a lot of time left until boarding. btw, usually boarding opens 45 minutes before the flight, all of this info is found on your boarding pass.
When you get to the gate, since there is a long time left until boarding, your assistant will probably let you know that they'll have to go and come back to you at the time of boarding.
In some airports, there is an area for special needs where your assistant will drop you there and come back to get you later, if not, he'll just drop you at the normal waiting area just like any body else.

Before they leave, make sure to get all your documents back. Your id or passport, and your boarding pass as well.

Here are a few tips:
1. Some airlines allow you to get your boarding pass 24 or sometimes 48 hours before the flight. Saudi Airlines here allows me to get my boarding pass 48 hours before the flight using their app, I can then save the boarding pass in the Wallet app on my iPhone for easy access, the less paper I have the better.
2. Always make sure to be at the airport 2 hours before the flight to avoid traffic and in case you haven't been able to get your boarding pass in the app, there will be chance for you to get it from the counter.
3. You will be able to get your boarding pass up to 45 or 60 minutes before your flight. So make sure to come early, specially if you haven't been able to get your boarding pass from your airlines app.
4. When your assistant leaves you at the gate if they do, make sure to ask them to tell you what gate you're boarding from, and where is it in relation to your current position. So in case they don't come back you know where to go.
5. Use apps like be my eyes to your advantage.
6. Probably you know this already, but make sure to follow all safety guidelines regarding covid19. Go to the airlines website and see what tips they provide there. failing to follow the guidelines might prevent you from boarding the airplane.
7. This is something you should do during booking your flight actually. Don't choose a seat in the emergency exit row. You're not allowed in there.

I hope that helps.

If you have any questions just ask.

Have a safe flight.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Laurel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Laurel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MasterChief via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : MasterChief via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Laurel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Laurel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : crescent via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : NicklasMCHD via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Laurel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rashad via Audiogames-reflector