Re: planning on making an offline battle game like super smash bros brawl

thanks for all the support.
as of now i am not planning on making a story mode, but that could come in the future, i am not sure, this is a very fresh idea and i am not certain on the finer details.
yes, I am planning on making the game in bgt, however I do intend to learn python as it opens projects up to the Mac users.
of course, I can wait to start on the project to learn python as I am sure that people would be happy to wait if it means i don't use bgt. although, i could start it in bgt and then do a rewrite later on. I will see what is the more popular request.
I don't plan on making the game online multiplayer, although if I requested help I am sure some one could help me out with networking as I have heard setting up python sockets is a pain in the neck and I do wish to have the feel of an arcade game (hell i searched down a bunch of 8bit music online already and am in the process of finding other sounds. however, I do know some one who has said to me before if you make an online game he would host it.
I would most certainly ask permition for the characters and i was planning on getting vocals for the game.
I am glad that this idea is popular and please let me know of what you think on the above comments

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : MichaelJ via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Vulcan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dennybuster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindLightning via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindLightning via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindLightning via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindLightning via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : blindLightning via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mohamed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Vulcan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zenothrax via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mohamed via Audiogames-reflector