Re: Scarlet Shells, concept demo 1!

Disclaimer: I have not read any of this topic other than the first few posts to get the game.
Honestly, I’m seriously underwhelmed. I know this is a concept demo but it feels much more like an audio drama with scrolling text that just reeks of man a man. The grammar is not perfect, and neither is the spelling which isn’t the end of the world but really should be polished up in a concept demo if you’re releasing it to the public.
Additionally, the combat just feels slow, very clunky, and not all that different than some thing like scrolling battles. You run, you jump, you hit. There are way too many enemies to actually have some sort of strategy. You’re expected to clear all of them, and yet by the time you clear the first level you are usually down to about 40% health.
The  Momentum system is a good idea, but implemented very poorly. It doesn’t feel realistic. Probably a better point of the game at least in concept though
I stopped playing a little bit after whatever that bomb thing was. According to my friend, and the object menu, it’s a mine. According to what the game gave me an impression of, it is a ticking bomb. It is a slow, rhythmic eat at the beginning of the level that is very reminiscent of a timed bomb going off. You might want to change the sound to something a little less recognizable.
Why does it feel like I get the most underwhelming gun? My comrade gets an A.R. 10 and my other comrade gets an Uzi. I get a pistol. And especially with some of the enemies having automatic weapons, it almost feels unfair.
Sound design is quite good, my favorite part about the game as a whole. It’s very cinematic and very bad ass. You feel powerful.
Overall, somewhat of a mediocre start but I really hope you can pull it a little more back on track and make this thing awesome

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sightlessHorseman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : titan_of_war via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TheBlindSaiyan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Naruto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dennybuster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : kratos via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jimmy69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bhanuponguru via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : connor142 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : bhanuponguru via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PhantomCreations via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : sightlessHorseman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : TheTrueSwampGamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : PhantomCreations via Audiogames-reflector