Re: Monitoring of Google Chrome and fire fox on a school laptop

Back when I was in middle school, I sometimes got away with installing games from various places and installed them on my school's laptop. I can't remember what they were doing with it exactly, but they made it in such a way that I could install things on it, though normally I wouldn't be able to install programmes because it was a user account on a network. However, they probably forgot to change those permissions, so I was able to install anything I wanted. I can't remember if I uninstalled them when I turned in my laptop for the summer. Nobody ever commented on that. That was when we had Windows XP.
And, in high school, I sometimes brought my MiFi card with me so I could get past Websense and watch stuff on YouTube or go on Facebook. I sometimes did that in cognito, which also came without problems. That was when we had Windows Seven.
But now we have more advanced cloud services, like using In Tune, which can be used to remotely wipe a computer, as someone had just commented.
I sometimes also got away with taking ownership of smaller pieces of corporate property by pealing off the barcode sticker when I was in elementary school, and because they had so many of those, nobody noticed. Still, I would just be careful about what you do, but if you do find yourself in a legal battle, I would find an attorney who knows how to handle school issues.