Re: Overuse of the word "friend" in English

So I have 3 "friend" levels:

There's the acquaintances, which is you lot. I know your names (handles, whatever), and honestly, if you asked for my phone number, I'd probably say no.

There's my mates, of which I have many. They are people who I like, and I'd go to the pub with, but they probably don't know everything about me, albeit I'm a pretty open person, all things considered. I know them all in person, although there is one I met online originally

Finally, there's my "friends". I have 5 of them, including my wife. They're people who I could ring at 3 AM, and they'd hop out of bed, and come to my aid, no matter what I wanted help with. Well, actually Claire probably wouldn't, because she sleeps like a coma patient haha.

I am someone who says hello to everyone on the street, and will happily stop to talk to people wherever I am. I am british, but I hate the british propensity to be prudish and standoffish. It's pointless, and unhelpful to everyone. We all have genitals and feelings, and shouldn't be ashamed of the fact.

Finally: I'm not going to say friends have to be loyal to each other no matter what. People change, and insisting that friendship is immutable is short sighted. Bottom line: Please don't think that once someone has attained the hallowed rank of "friend" they can't be "friend divorced" haha.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : star fire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : star fire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : KenshiraTheTrinity via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Vulcan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : star fire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : star fire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector