Re: numpy error on windows 2004

Yup, I faced the same problem. If you just read the page, it says to install a very spacific version. Did you try that? It's what fixed it for me.
In general though, the Python science stack when distributed in this way breaks itself a lot, so if you have a choice, try rewriting whatever's using it, unless it's a huge module.