Re: Help me recover from a scam so I can buy a PS5

Few things I'd like to point out here:

1. This is a borderline dogpile. Cut it the hell out.
2. You have every right to agree or disagree with what Lukas did here. But I think there's some sensationalism entering this situation that doesn't need to exist. He was up-front about what he wanted that money for. People were free to pay, or not pay, as they wished. The people who donated to his cause aren't bad people for doing so.
3. Are we gonna talk about the fact that scams exist fucking -everywhere? If you mistype a URL, you can get stuck on a webpage where your computer will beep at you, claiming it's been "locked up", and if you call the toll-free number they give you and follow instructions, you can be out hundreds of bucks. Or, more commonly, there are websites offering free PS5, iPhone 11, all kinds of stuff, it's made to look free but then you have to pay a small amount of money, and suddenly you're getting ridiculous charges all over your credit card of choice. So okay, buyer beware, it's your choice if you fall for a scam, etc. I think there's accountability, sure. But this is just a form of victim-blaming. Lukas made a bad call and it came back to bite him. He asked for help in fixing that, and I doubt he will make that mistake again. Can't that be the end of the story?
4. I just want to point out that what Lukas does with his money is frankly not your business. He can return it, or he can donate it to charity, or he can keep it. Those donating after the campaign was funded, again, knew what they were doing, so you can't fault Lukas for taking money that was given to him willingly. You can avow that this is something you wouldn't do, and that's fine I guess. I personally couldn't see doing something like this for such a reason, but that's me personally. I might use a GoFundMe-style setup if I was, say, in dire financial distress, like for instance needed four hundred bucks for rent by next week or whatever. But again, this is just my standard, which I am deliberately not applying to Lukas here.

Seriously, folks, chill out.