Re: code to refer to a dictionary with and without nested dictionaries

Ok. Honestly I don't think I can learn the right way. I can tell you for a fact I only do this as a slight hobby. Yes I put in time into it, and some research. But definitely not enough to take this seriously. And, I get lost in advice. But that part is on me, becuase like you said I am not being clear with what I am doing. I will admit it is because I am scared to be told to stop working on it, do more learning, then rebuild it. And that makes a lot of sense. It is what I should do. I just... don't work like that though. You can call me one of those people who wants instant gratification I guess. I do try somewhat, but I could be trying a lot harder.
But I want you to know that I do trust you with what you say. I'm not in denial or arrogant. If you say that there is a better way, or that I am struggling because lack of knowledge, and taking on too big of tasks, and that I don'tr recognize when to use classes verses functions verses dictionaries verses more things, I believe you. And... I surprisingly know that part. I have good expereience with functions, I have written some really cool general functions that have helped with many of my projects. But I struggle with classes, though I am slightly better off than I was a few weeks ago. And for dictionaries, yeah. Hard to tell when to use that verses a class. I guess i could do more research on that. Discussions like this help me remind myself what things i should read about sometimes.
This got really long. Lol sorry. I know I'm not doing myself the best favors. My coding practices are not that great. But, I am improving. Slowly, but surely. And again, sorry I am not clear enough. And as a result, sorry for not being able to wrap my head around a lot of your advice. Ok this is really getting long. I'm stopping here. But thanks again. Your replies do help me even if it doesn't seem like it very much big_smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector