Re: I was searching for an API documentation and found...

Yeah, I mean, I'm not going to be so harsh, but why is it that so many people on here believe that China can do no wrong?  The U.S. is built on slavery, the U.K. is built on conquest, I don't know what Canada is built on but I'm sure it's built on something.  Basically all of Christianity is built on the crusades and stuff like that.

But clearly China isn't a surveillance state, actually has a great government, definitely isn't rewriting/hiding history, and anything that anyone who isn't China says must be wrong.  Never mind that (for instance) Google can't run their search engine in China without complying with government censorship and blocking certain search terms, etc.

Also, if you're going to say the U.S. loves propaganda, also add every other English-speaking country to that list, and quite a few that aren't.  To be honest, basically add the entire first world.  I don't know what world you must live in where every country but the one you're supporting saying the same stuff doesn't have some truth to it.  When we talk about things like religious indoctrination, surveillance, etc etc etc, it's not just the U.S. making things up out of thin air.  It seems to me that the only way to believe that it is is to ignore that basically every country is or has been a horrible, unethical monstrosity at some point.  It's unfortunate that that's China right now, but it was Japan's turn in World War II along with the U.S., neither of which was nearly as bad as Germany of course, not long before that was the UK and US doing slavery and conquest respectively, and so on.