Any advice on using Visual Studio Community Edition with NVDA?

Hey all,

So there's an open-source project written in C#, using the .Net Framework to which I'd like to contribute some code.

This will be my first time doing anything in C#, however I do have extensive programming experience in Swift so hopefully it won't be all that difficult for me to get up to speed with the new language, fingers crossed.

My main concern however is in regards to the accessibility of Visual Studio Community Edition.

I'd already tried this a couple months ago and was having issues navigating in the source editor, there was a problem where NVDA would not properly read the focused line and there was something odd about how NVDA was speaking the selected code.

My understanding currently is that the interface works great with Jaws, however I do not have or want a Jaws license as NVDA serves all my other needs perfectly.

I was completely unable to find any good info on NVDA support for VS Community Edition however, I think there's an add-on that was developed in like 2016 that appears to be incompatible with current versions of NVDA.

So my main question is, are any of you out there successfully using VS Community Edition with NVDA and if so, is there any advice you could share to help me get started?

Secondly, in case VS Community Edition turns out to not be a good option for me as an NVDA user, would I be able to accomplish my goals with Visual Studio Code just as well?

My understanding is that VS Code is way more basic and not as feature rich which I think shouldn't be a deal breaker for me, but what put me off was a comment that I saw on Stack Overflow claiming that VS Code can only compile .Net Core applications, but is incompatible with the .Net Framework that I'd need to use.

If anyone could kindly shed some light on this that would be absolutely fantastic, many thanks!

Robin

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : robin24 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Turret via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : robin24 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : GrannyCheeseWheel via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Turret via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : vortex1024 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ertay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : ertay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector