Re: frustrated with blindness (read post if you want context)

@76:

Long nails ftw. Better you chop a nail rathr than chopping a finger off. I can speed dice peppers fine like that. I do want to point something out, and I feel like you touched on it a little with blind people being ableist, and that's in regard to other disabilities and how they percieve them. I said it ages ago when I first joined, but I feel like there's absolutely some blind people who feel like their disability is more important than other disabilities however.

Being over here, I was trained to do things a certain way, hello RNIB training, and the NFB is a US centric problem in the 80s-90s though, but I was trained to use as many gadgets as possible, which...um...no. If I want to know where a pan is, I'll hold food over it, thank ya very much, I don't need fancy thermometers screaming at me. I don't need a talking recipe book. Okay granted if I'm doing chicken or something, I'll leave that to people who can tel me if it's cooked all the way through or....but...y'know