Re: Curious about the Book Port Plus / Plextalk

Interesting. The trek is kind of similar, the UI in this case actually being a GTK application, ditto the streams, hence how it was able to be ran under so many different configurations. I know the stream second gen runs linux colonel version 2.something underneath that, though I'm not entirely sure what exactly the trek runs, I haven't dived that far into it yet. Something related to android though, you can access fastboot by holding the volume keys at startup, as well as differing recovery menus who's contents I'm not sure about by holding either 1 of the volume keys separately. I was able to figure out, with some trial and error, that the trek does boot into which ever recovery menu is accessed with power and volume down before beginning the update installation process though, hence why it reboots at the beginning, this is something the stream 2 does not do, at least as far as I remember.