Re: Messing around with jackbox on a PC

It's actually not all that bad. It's one of those things where, if you know where everything is, you can work around there being no way to read the actual options. I suppose I should list my findings so far.
There are two introductory things that you can skip with the enter key and, after you have done that, you can navigate between the games with the arrows. The way to know what you're on, apart from memorising the order the games are listed, is remembering which piece of music they play for each game. Then, if you press enter on a game, it will place you on that game's menu. In my experience, pressing enter on the first option will usually create a new game. From there, you can press the up arrow and it will have the host read out the roomcode. The way to start the actual game is from the browser, which did take me a while to figure out. Apart from the option to create a game, I've found that the second option on an individual game's menu will take you back to the game selection screen. I think the rest of the options are settings and various other things which I haven't figured out, and that is the part I'm still struggling with and the reason I created this post really. I think OCR would help here, but I still haven't managed to get it to work, even when I maximised the window. Not sure what else I would be required to do.
I did manage to create and play an entire game of blather round on two separate devices by myself. The pros of that experience: It all went relatively smoothly, and I also won. The cons: Maybe extended timers would be nice.
TLDR: I think you can make jackbox 7 work on the pc if you're willing to invest a few minutes to learn it. I have, except for a few tricky parts where I really don't know what I am doing.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : randomuser via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : randomuser via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : randomuser via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Minionslayer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : randomuser via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Minionslayer via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ogomez92 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : arturminyazev via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Minionslayer via Audiogames-reflector