Re: my opinion: top 5 most difficult boss fights in Manamon 2

My thoughts:

5. Eternity Angel
If you aren't prepared, this guy isn't fun, but it's extremely easy to wreck this thing. One stage of attack or special attack boost, a move like Torch after Sunshine Song...see, the thing about the angel is that it's only dangerous when you attack it. And you can manipulate it into using sub-optimal moves. For instance, if you use a move that you know the angel will counter with a move you're immune to: a water type wearing rubber gloves for instance, or an insect type wearing either the equip that drops air damage, or the one that nullifies ice damage. This is where some of Aaron's design falls down. Oh also, you can paralyze and confuse the angel.

4. Hyper Hathorilian
This one really only gets a nod because of the second of the three phases. All the status effects and slowly mounting stats can get pretty ugly. This one can either be a cakewalk or infuriating, depending on your team. Phase 3, for me, is dead easy, especially with the whole-party-revive item you have. Just pound it fast enough that it dies shortly before dropping the bomb box, make sure you've got at least one manamon in the back alive, and you're golden.

3. Master Dyaz
Later in the game, this guy would be a cakewalk, but early on he's difficult because he's using decently strong moves and your team is far less than optimal. This isn't so much a hard fight as a long one, where if you make a couple of bad choices, you can get screwed over pretty hard.

2. Hyper Tarboo
This thing is, again, not insanely hard, but none of Aaron's bosses are especially difficult. The trick is in prioritization. Kill the death-cry generator first, since that's a really cheap gimmick to make you lose the fight. Don't worry about the magnet machine unless you switch a lot. The spawn machine will get way out of hand if you let it, even though each individual Tarboo it spawns isn't crazy tough. This is one of those fights where if you climb on top of it for the first eight rounds or so, you're probably okay; after that, with fewer entities in combat, you'll probably grind out a win if you're not foolish.

1. Rina
There, I said it. I didn't put a hyper manamon at #1. Know why? Because unlike the hyper manamon, you can get wrecked wholesale by several of Rina's manamon. If Bulderdash gets set up on you, it's GG. If Submenno takes out too much of your team, it's GG. If you can't take down Sirenea fast enough (she's wearing rubber gloves too, so don't think an electric manamon gets an easy pass here), it's GG. Okay, yeah, Blade Dodderator is kind of a misfire because it's weak to fucking -everything and it's not fast (seriously, she should have Guerrerrol here). And Araknite needs better moves to be scary. But the three I mentioned above can just set up and/or grind down your team. In one-on-one combat, Bulderdash is freakishly good once it really, ahem, gets rolling. I personally find this fight harder than any other fight that has come before it.

Notes on a few others:

Baren Byron sucks. Sorry. But when most of your moves make you wait around for 2-3 turns each, you're pretty awful.

Hyper Maustodon dies to Righteous Rend, hard. Or you can just spam moves like Flood, Sonic Missile or some other move with good accuracy. Or you can use Perfect Glasses on whichever manamon you want to use to bash the hell out of it, and it will never be affected by the accuracy drops. To me, this boss needs to have about 3x the HP in order to be scary. Right now, it's just meh.

No one has mentioned the robot just inside Ogma's hideout. That thing has killed me a time or two. Again, if it had more HP, it would be in my top 5.

And then there's just everything else. Some neat gimmicks (Hyper Symphonid is one of my favourites, perhaps because I enjoy Symphonid as much as I do)...but that's just about it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tayo . bethel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : keyIsFull via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : stewie via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : star fire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : star fire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : star fire via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : octoross via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Juliantheaudiogamer via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pika-san via Audiogames-reflector