lucia error, makes no sense to me

Hello. I'm getting an error that I've encountered before, but never known how to solve. And I don't understand why it is happening.

  File "C:\Users\Daniel\Documents\Python\lib\site-packages\lucia\__init__.py", line 185, in key_down
    return keys_held[key_code]
IndexError: list index out of range

Here is the gist of my code.
Main function is called. Loads some settings, checks if the steam sequence storm dlc exists. If not, checks if the local announcers folder exists. if the local folder doesn't exist, it creates it. THen if ther are no folders inside of the steam dlc or local announcers folder, it asks you to type in a folder name. It creates another folder inside of the folder you just named. Then it asks you to make another folder name. After that folder is created, it saves the announcer.json file and takes you into the announcer data menu.
This is where I get the error. I do have 1 shift key check in this function, but the shift key is never used before this menu in this situation. Here is where things really get confusing. I do not receive this error if the local announcers folder already exists. But if it doesn't exist, it will give me this error. And that makes no sense to me, because the only difference is asking it to create a prenamed directory before the user even starts typing.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Zarvox via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : chrisnorman7 via Audiogames-reflector