Re: An idea I have: Android TTS to Windows bridge, and a problem with myse

interesting idea. I am not sure if I can see what the use case for it is though. but I am genuinely interested on what it is supposed to be used for. if you could write a bit about that, then that would be great.

a problem with http that I foresee is that the latency could be pretty aweful, as the android device and windows machine will probably establish a new tcp connection for each speech request from the android device, meaning each request would have the overhead of the 3-way tcp handshake. instead you could try using websockets instead, or since you are just slinging json around you could drop down to tcp, but then again http might make authentication simpler, by allowing you to reuse existing solutions.

also is it meant to be used on a local network. a peer to peer application is doable on a local network, but past the boundary of your home router becomes a nightmare due to NAT.