Re: space invaders games

sightlessHorseman wrote:

Why does noone actually mension the space invaders game by Freman? It can be found in the cave of marvels collection and actually is the only audio rendition I know that uses the games actual playstyle where you don't have multiple ships randomly coming down but the invaders actually beeing in a row moving from left to right.
I really like that one.

Personally I have a lot of trouble getting into that game because of the need to group the sounds. It messes with my probably limited ability to orient myself to the ship layout. I'm either trying in vane to hear sort of what's going on, or shooting like a madman not able to pay attention.

I can confirm that I got the BSC Games working on Win10 a while ago. Can't remember precisely what it takes to do so, and I'm not sure if things have changed on more recent versions of Win 10 since I last tried.

Great suggestions have been posed in this thread so far. There are a number of more obscure, admittedly more boring ones which haven't been pitched. Access Invaders, Rocky Invaders are two I can think of, plus one or two others I've tried recently which didn't really grab me.

Enemy Attack is perhaps another option. It's not strictly space invaders, but does involve you shooting down falling bombs, helicopters, plains and jets. I kinda found it to be a strange combination of boring and overwhelming  after a while, but it was among the first arcade type games I messed with when I was 11-12, so they have a soft spot in my heart.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zargonbr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sightlessHorseman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zargonbr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : khomus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : boy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zargonbr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zenothrax via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : zargonbr via Audiogames-reflector