Want to get into light novels

Hi. I recently came across light novels. I know about these because I've read on multiple occasions that animes are based on light novels.
The thing is that I don't really know how to start with these novels, especially because I have never read something like this or watched an anime.
People in my class were all about light novels. I asked them about this and they didn't really give me a straight answer because they said that I have to watch animes and read mangas in order to understand the concept of lns.
Is there a LN for "beginners", or should I just google around for "top light novels" and see what comes up?
Hope someone on here can tell me more about this and even recommend me something to read.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Warcat via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Warcat via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Warcat via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Dark Eagle via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : azure via Audiogames-reflector