Re: GSpeak speech synthesizer concept

Hi,
First and formost, well done! Even I wouldn't have the patients to do this, and I think you are a true dev for trying this.
Its actually extremely well put together for a concept. When you consider espeak could litterally say two words, hello, and test, when it was first introduced, this is a lot better than many, many of the synthesiser concepts out there. Also consider the fact he took the time to sit down, with bgt, which is a language primarily for the scripting of audio games, and write a fully fledged synthesiser that can speak? That's pritty dam impressive. Most of these things are written in c, c++ and delfi (yes delfi). He wants to write it in PureBasic? That's totally amaising!
Observations:
Instead of an out of range error, I think it might be an idea to put some sort of alert box into a final release (but that's purely nice eyecandy as it were). I know it won't stay a command line app though, and as a dll, it does need t he ability to speak strings literals instead of phonetics. My advice would be, start researching this right now, or you're going to be spending more time than nessisary when it comes to creating a dll. However, keeping a phonetic approach, at least internally, sounds good. You can use minimal audio files, thus making the dll smaller. As for SAPI compliants, that's almost impossible these days. Consider the fact he's written the synth from the ground up, instead of using something like FLight or festivle. Its not impossible to get your product into SAPI compliants, though. I'm sure there are guides somewhere, I just haven't looked.
To sum up, then, all in all its a good first concept and I'm amaised at its flexibility. The phonemes are well thought out, and I'd estimate you're actually able to create most english words with them if you are clever enough. The cmd app isn't that buggy; You just have to know what you're doing with i t.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : kyle12 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : Kenzon Yeoh via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : king gamer222 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : guilevi via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : ammericandad2005 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Development room : burak via Audiogames-reflector