Re: Blind humans and living situations?

I have to wait for my grandparents to die in order to be put in a place by the council.
I'm not sure why, but this sent me into a fit absolutely hysterical giggles for some reason. Don't mind me, strange, strange day.
@brad, so do you pay for all of that yourself? Or do you just pay for some of that to help out your grandparents.
Also, seriously, seriously consider moving somewhere that isn't London. From the research I've done, rent where my parents live, Banbury, for a flat at least, is around £500 to £700, depending on where exactly you buy, I've noticed that the more industrial areas, town centres, highstreets etc tend to cost less. And it's far from the cheapest, either.
You'll also find that accessibility is much, much better elsewhere. While I've not lived in London for extended periods of time before, I've stayed there often enough.
Aaaaand also, the council in London sucks. I mean, so do most councils, but London especially so. I'll have to look into council housing myself, from what I've read rent is typically a lot cheaper.
Do you also get universal credit? That is usually about £400 for people like us, and I'm pretty sure you can apply for it if you haven't already. ESA is only really designed to supplement that in areas where utility bills, or rent, are particularly bad. I know you went to RNC, so I don't imagine living independently will be too much of a challenge for you provided you can get those initial hurdles sorted. I can't imagine living with my family until I'm over 18, even.