Re: Whoops?

I guess I can see that.

What annoyed me is the way @2 basically drew all its attention away from the issue and onto the topic title.

sightlessHorseman wrote:

You know, just as a friendly reminder, you should probably change the topic title to something that is aactually abit more explanatory than well, Whoops.
I guess if you want people to click on the topic to see what it's all about it was a sorta right course of action, but it won't save you from whitty remarks like mine smile.

There's nothing really wrong with that post, but it also carried a "helpful but not helpful" vibe to it which some people, me included, saw as dickish. I certainly think it was a justified post, it just could've been a little more focused on the body of the thread, since the body is what people normally respond to when they post anyway.

The op's response:

randomuser wrote:

Rather curious if you did read the original post to find out what the topic is all about or just clicked to comment on the admittedly pretty generic subject? Could have done much better when it came to composing it but if somebody doesn't care to read on I quite frankkly couldn't be bothered to convince them.

Sure, it's dickish, but it isn't unjustified. No doubt more people would've been satisfied had he just changed the title, or at least ignored the response. And frankly I can empathize with the op more in this situation; it's not a good feeling to genuinely need help with something and have your minor faults immediately pointed out to you as though they were more important than your problem.

Preferably, the topic title exchange should've ended there... but people kept making a big issue out of it, and that's what led to my "Come on guys this is ridiculous, just let it go please!" response. Clearly that's what the op wants too, so after this post I will take leave of this thread.

Whether the op edits the title or not imho is up to the op and the moderators. If both choose to let it go, there isn't much we as members can do other than fight about it.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JayJay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mohamed via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aron Leppik via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sightlessHorseman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : RTT entertainment via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : sightlessHorseman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : haily_merry via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : musicalman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : JayJay via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : randomuser via Audiogames-reflector