Re: Why Are You All Moving to Telegram and Signal From WhatsApp?

Well obviously, but I'd rather give my info to only those I have to, not some randoms with forced arbitration  and "no liability even in case of foreknowledge" clauses.
I certainly trust Google and Apple with my info from a hacking point of view more than I do most small online businesses, and it's pretty obvious that certain portions of the government are far outmatched in security even, but if I can keep my online identity separate from my real one except for those times it's necessary, why shouldn't I.  It's not that hard.., you just have to care.

I understand that much of this is out of my hands and up to the organizations holding my data, but that's why I avoid giving them anything extra in the first place.
That, and just because one account gets hacked doesn't mean half my others will be as well, because I try to keep them separated, and never rely on one service too much.  It's about reduction, not complete protection, that would be impossible and I know that.