Re: bloodstorm returns!

So do the searching before hand and build up a collection with the resources in the dev room and on skies audio like I did?
That way you only need to search when you need specific stuff.  And yes, it is slower than having giant existing libraries, but oh well, many people are now using online cloud libraries for paid stuff too.
Anyway, of course it's not going to be completely equal, it's free, but if it gets you 80% of the way their and you don't have the cash to blow on sounds, but you want to stay above board for legal or moral reasons than it's still 10 times better than it was 15 years ago.

I'm not sure if you're arguing just to argue, whether you think I'm feeding people BS to push my point (that's my guess based on previous experience), or that you just don't mind if everyone pirates and keeps using the same libraries, but I'm trying to do a good thing here by making our games more legit and unique sounding, and people are already lazy enough as it is, so please stop giving them more excuses to be shitty.  This is like the third time we've had this argument now LOL.
If it doesn't work for you, that's okay, but I've seen it work for others and I've done it my self.  Given the right process and experience level, it's fine for the majority of projects and doesn't slow down development in any major way.