Re: deep fried or air fried

Just to pull the thread in a slightly brighter direction:

I live in an apartment co-op. If you're familiar with housing co-ops, where everyone chips in and does X hours of chores or building management per week, it's like that but scaled up to a small apartment complex. So I know all of my neighbors, or at least did before COVID. We're not all college students. We actually have a pretty good contingent of older folks, including one of the most amazing humans I know. He's 75, had a couple strokes, but is still incredibly sharp and active in our community. I can't speak to what the next 35+ years will do for us. Maybe we'll make incredible advances. Maybe those of us who are trying to be smart and careful about COVID now will be overrun by the idiots who aren't, zombie-style, only the zombies still theoretically have their brains and should know better. But either way, if I can't live forever or for an amazingly long time fully healthy and strong, I truly believe the key to aging well is by finding a community like this one. We take care of him, and I can truly say without condescension that he does an amazing job of taking care of us. I hope that I'm lucky enough to find such a community when I need it, because I think the reason things are so bad for so many have more to do with the society in which we live and the choices we think we have to make, not with the way things absolutely have to be.

But, yeah, I love my air fryer. If I want fried chicken where the crust is a thing in and of itself, I know where to order it. If I want to fry up something quick to scratch a crunchy itch, I throw some breadcrums, egg, and seasoning on some chicken and it's good enough for me. No more worrying about vats of dirty fry oil slipping out of my hands while I'm carrying them to the trash. I was cleaning that stuff off the floor and out of the grout for weeks. smile