Re: Hell Hunter - Anti-Nomen demo release

Hi.
Guys please give the demo a chance. There are actually a lot of puzzles in the game already. The demo is surprisingly long.
@Tenkarider:
I have completed the demo, and it's much better than I expected. I really like the puzzle parts, the story and the sounds.
I have noted a lot of feedback while playing the game, which I hope you'll consider. While reading your replies to peoples posts, I do understand that you're giving an engine which have limits, and you can't properly do much about it. But I hope you'll send the engine suggestions to the right people, so they can improve the games in the future.
Seriously, the story is amazing, the locations are great as well, everything which is happening is just wow and the puzzles are awesome. But the engine makes the game kind of bad, which is not your fault, because you have what you have given to work with.
Anyway, here is my feedback, in a random order:
1. Please make a direct download link on the website. I think people are tired of requesting a download link just to play a demo version. My suggestion: Make a counter on the download link on the website so you can keep track of how many people are downloading.

2. Leveling: It's nice to gain a new level. But what are the improvements? How many XP is needed for the next level?

3. The menus: Please make normal menus instead of the main menu, where you have to press ctrl to start a new game, spacebar to load and other keys for other options.

4. First person mode: At the beginning of the game, you are being told that the game is in first person mode. Or, do I misunderstand that part? The navigation is not in first person mode at all. So, if you want the current movement, then remove the information about the first person mode. Suggestion: Other games have showed us that the engine supports movement, where you walk around on the map. It would be an amazing experience if you actually walked around in the game, instead of the point and click style. Then you could use the point and click style to interact with items and people, combined with real movement. That would seriously improve the game a lot.

5. The control key as an action key: This is not a practical key. This key is usually used to silence the speech in a screenreader. That conflicts if you don't turn off your screenreader which I did not, because I took some notes while playing.

6. When you open up your inventory, pressing the Backspace key takes you to the pause menu instead of back to the game.

7. A way to repeat the game instructions: At the beginning of the game, you are giving all the commands to get started. This is great, but it would be great to have an option to get those instructions repeated, for example in the Pause menu.

8. Not able to skip cutseens: Some of the speech can be skipped by pressing the control key. But, cutseens can't be skipped. This is a serious issue when     having a long cutseen before a battle. I was about to give up on the battle after the dinner, but I'm really glad I didn't gave up, and experienced all the awesomeness afterwards. Things like not being able to skip the cutseens can be so frustrating that people just give up.

9. Most of the battles are way too easy. Maybe set a limit on how many times you can attack before the enemy strikes again.

10. Most enemies "blows" in battles. Hahaha.

11. Syncronize the sounds so they appear when they should, instead of laying the sounds at the beginning of the speech, and some moments later, you are getting told what that sound mean.

12. When the big creature chases you, the game becomes really slow.

13. The inventory menu: 1. It's not all the items you pick up which are shown in the inventory menu. 2. Why can't you use items directly from the inventory menu?

14. Cut out all the long unnatural pauses in the sound files. They are so frustrating, and make the whole experience slow and boring. That goes for most of the games made by the engine, so I don't know if that's an issue in the engine or in the sound files.

15. Make the people talk: I know that's a lot to ask for, but I'll try anyway: Every time you expect people you meet to say anything, the narrator says that people are saying... That's just kind of weird. An easy fix would be to let the narrator say what people are saying, and afterwards say: "says the guy" or whatever, instead of: "You are being told that the guy is saying." A much better solution would be to find other voice actors for those people. I hope you get what I mean.

16. I really hope this game will support secrets, hidden objects, side quests etc. It would be amazing if it had trophies, where you had to go through some serious horror to get those, to find side quests and other secrets. Then, you could cover all that in trophies, so people can see in a trophy list that they still need to find something, and the name of the trophy could give a hint on where to look. Most of those things should be optional,  so people could continue, if they are being scared too much. smile

That's all I have for now. I hope you are able to implement just some of that.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : azure via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Tenkarider via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dalen lewin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Tenkarider via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Tenkarider via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : crashmaster via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : wlomas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Appleman via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : brad via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Tenkarider via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Tenkarider via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : tayo . bethel via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : mjonsson1986 via Audiogames-reflector