Re: ANother DNS question

I mean, the OSI model works but its not actually how the internet is structured... A more apt model is the internet protocol suite. But I'm nitpicking. Use nginx/apache for redirects like this. 301s are defined in the HTTP protocol specifically, not DNS. (There are DNS records for routing to other servers, called SRV records, but they're rarely employed from what I know. Matrix is the only protocol I know of that uses them.) For Nginx, you might do something like this in your server configuration block:

location /<path> {
return 301 <url>;
}