Re: Thoughts About Audiogames getting Nintendo Switch Ports

not too big by today's standards, but big enough for a rom to not overfit the memory of the real hardware by a few bytes or so, but entire KB or more. Anyway, rhvoice is made in c++, thing that is kinda slow for this platform, even C needs very weird optimisations to run properly, like not too many global vars, constants should be static, make your functions always inline or not at all, make your loops almost always predictable, so that the compiler can perform loop unrolling, etc. That is, one must do that only if one wants performance. Otherwise, one can just mess around for a while. Besides, about the rhvoice, I see I'd need to make some modifications to the infrastructure itself, for me to be able to just grab the spoken audio as a sample buffer. So, in that alone, one can see it perhaps needs more than the standard/ancy C level of native functions, think that the nes won't provide anyway. I will presume flite works untill I can actually get to compiling the static library, voice packs, etc, maybe then I will think otherwise, upon seeing it failing. First, however, I must learn a thing or two about the nes, plus I would need an accessible emulator with a debugger included or something.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rich_Beardsley via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Rich_Beardsley via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : FamilyMario via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Gaki_shonen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : rings2006 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : bgt lover via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : James via Audiogames-reflector