Re: Inappropriate alt texts on images

Now that I've read the posts in this topic I see what your getting at, OP. I was kinda confused at first and I, too, have never seen inappropriate alt texts, though I have to say that Microsoft's have to be one of the best. The article I linked to in another topic has great alts like this one: "A graph with Power (in microwatts) on the y-axis and Number of Gates on the x-axis. Y-axis ranges from 10^0 to 10^5. X-axis ranges from 10^0 to 10^3. Lines on graph represent different frequencies, from 10 megahertz to 1 gigahertz. They all maintain a similar line, horizontal about halfway then curving slightly upward. Lines labeled 300 megahertz and 1 gigahertz curve above the green shaded section after 10^2, while all other frequencies below do not." Like okay, that doesn't convey each point on the graph but it conveys the important bits.